We care about your privacy
We may give you additional privacy information that is specific to a product or service in other notices you may see while using our products or services. If there is a difference between such notices and this Policy, the notices should be considered first.
Software on your device may access your information. Our products or services may contain links to other companies’ websites and services that have privacy policies of their own. SynapTech is not responsible for the privacy practices of others and we recommend you read their privacy notices.
If you do not agree with this Policy, do not use our products and services or provide SynapTech with your personal data.
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect your personal data and other information when you make a purchase, use or register into our products and services, take part in campaigns or research or otherwise interact with us. This includes following categories:
- Product and service activations—SynapTech products and services may require electronic activation, where your device and application type, as well as unique device, application, network and subscription identifiers are sent to SynapTech.
- Use of products and services—when you access our services online, our web servers automatically create records of your visit. These records typically include IP-address, access times, the sites linked from, pages visited, the links and features used, the content viewed or requested, browser or application type, language and other such information. Our applications may contact our servers periodically, for example to check for updates or to send us information relating to service usage. Additionally, we may invite you to join voluntary product and service improvement or research programs where detailed information is collected.
- Information you provide us with—when you create an account, make a purchase, request services, participate in research or campaigns or otherwise interact with us, we may ask for information such as your name, email address, phone number, street address, user names and passwords, feedback, information relating to your devices, age, gender, and language, bank account number, credit card details and other such financial information. We also maintain records of your consents, preferences and settings relating to, for example, location data, marketing and sharing of personal data.
- Your transactions with us—we maintain records of your purchases, downloads, the content you have provided us with, your requests, agreements between you and SynapTech, the products and services provided to you, payment and delivery details, your contacts and communications and other interactions with us. We may, in accordance with applicable law, record your communication with our customer care or with other such contact points.
- Positioning and Location data—location-based services establish location through the use of satellite, mobile, Wi-Fi or other network based positioning methods. These technologies may involve exchanging your location data and unique device and mobile, Wi-Fi or other network related identifiers with SynapTech. Our products may operate on multiple device platforms, applications and services which may also collect your location data. We do not use this information to identify you personally without your consent.
When you use our location based services and features, for example location based search, navigation and routing, or request for map data, your location data is sent to SynapTech to serve you with the right content, which may also include location based advertising.
Why Do We Process Personal Data?
SynapTech may process your personal data for the following purposes. One or more purposes may apply simultaneously.
- Providing products and services—we may use your personal data to provide you with our products and services, to process your requests or as otherwise may be necessary to perform the contract between you and SynapTech, to ensure the functionality and security of our products and services, to identify you as well as to prevent and investigate fraud and other misuses.
- Accounts—some services may require an account to help you manage your content and preferences.
- Developing and managing products and services—we may use your personal data to develop and manage our products, services, customer care, sales and marketing. We may combine personal data collected in connection with your use of a particular SynapTech product and/or service with other personal data we may have about you, unless such personal data was collected for a different purpose.
- Communicating with you—we may use your personal data to communicate with you, for example to inform you that our services have changed or to send you critical alerts and other such notices relating to our products and/or services and to contact you for customer care related purposes.
- Marketing, advertising and making recommendations—we may contact you to inform you of new products, services or promotions we may offer and to conduct market research when we have your consent or it is otherwise allowed. We may use your personal data to personalize our offering and to provide you with more relevant services, for example, to make recommendations and to display customized content and advertising in our services. This may include displaying SynapTech and third party content.
Do We Share Personal Data?
We do not sell, lease, rent or otherwise disclose your personal data to third parties unless otherwise stated below.
- Your consent and social sharing services—we may share your personal data if we have your consent to do so. Some services may allow you to share your personal data with other users of the service or with other services and their users. Please consider carefully before disclosing any personal data or other information that might be accessible to other users.
- SynapTech and authorized third parties—we may share your personal data with other authorized third parties who process personal data for SynapTech for the purposes described in this Policy. This may include for example billing through your network service provider or otherwise, delivery of your purchases, providing services including customer service, managing and analyzing consumer data, credit checks, conducting research and managing marketing and other such campaigns.
We may conduct joint marketing and other communications with our partners. To avoid duplicate or unnecessary communications and to tailor the message to you we may need to match information that SynapTech has collected with information that the partner has collected where this is permitted by law.
These authorized third parties are not permitted to use your personal data for any other purposes. We require them to act consistently with this Policy and to use appropriate security measures to protect your personal data.
- International transfers of personal data—our products and services may be provided using resources and servers located in various countries around the world. Therefore your personal data may be transferred across international borders outside the country where you use our services, including to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) that do not have laws providing specific protection for personal data or that have different legal rules on data protection, for example, the United States of America. In such cases we ensure that there is a legal basis for such a transfer and that adequate protection for your personal data is provided as required by applicable law, for example, by using standard agreements approved by relevant authorities (where necessary) and by requiring the use of other appropriate technical and organizational information security measures.
- Mandatory disclosures—we may be obligated by mandatory law to disclose your personal data to certain authorities or other third parties, for example, to law enforcement agencies in the countries where we or third parties acting on our behalf operate. We may also disclose and otherwise process your personal data in accordance with applicable law to defend SynapTech’s legitimate interests, for example, in civil or criminal legal proceedings.
- Mergers and Acquisitions—if we decide to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize our businesses in certain countries, this may involve us disclosing personal data to prospective or actual purchasers and their advisers, or receiving personal data from sellers and their advisers.
How Do We Address The Privacy of Children?
SynapTech products and services are typically intended for general audiences. SynapTech does not knowingly collect information of children without the consent of their parents or guardians.
How Do We Address Data Quality?
We take reasonable steps to keep the personal data we possess accurate and to delete incorrect or unnecessary personal data.
We encourage you to access your personal data through your account from time to time to ensure that it is up to date.
What Steps Are Taken To Safeguard Personal Data?
Privacy and security are key considerations in the creation and delivery of our products and services. We have assigned specific responsibilities to address privacy and security related matters. We enforce our internal policies and guidelines through an appropriate selection of activities, including proactive and reactive risk management, security and privacy engineering, training and assessments. We take appropriate steps to address online security, physical security, risk of data loss and other such risks taking into consideration the risk represented by the processing and the nature of the data being protected. Also, we limit access to our data bases containing personal data to authorized persons having a justified need to access such information.
Our domains may include third party elements that set cookies on behalf of a third party, for example relating to third party social network. You can disable cookies through browser settings or otherwise.
What Are Your Rights?
You have a right to know what personal data we hold about you. You have a right to have incomplete, incorrect, unnecessary or outdated personal data deleted or updated. You have a right to unsubscribe from direct marketing messages and to request that we stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes or on other compelling legal grounds. However, if you opt-out from marketing and other communications from SynapTech, critical alerts may still be sent to you.
You may exercise your rights by contacting us or by managing your account and choices through available profile management tools on your device and our services. In some cases, especially if you wish us to delete or stop processing your personal data, this may also mean that we may not be able to continue to provide the services to you.
Who Is The Controller of Your Personal Data?
SynapTech Incorporated, Santa Clara, CA, is the controller of your personal data.
In addition, the affiliate providing the product or service may be a controller of your personal data. You may find the identity of the controller and its contact details by reviewing the terms and conditions of such a product or service.
In matters pertaining to SynapTech’s privacy practices you may also contact us at:
4701 Patrick Henry Drive
Santa Clara, CA, 95054
SynapTech may from time to time change this Policy or change, modify or withdraw access to this site at any time with or without notice. However, if this Policy is changed in a material, adverse way, SynapTech will post a notice advising of such change at the beginning of this Policy and on this site’s home page for 30 days. We recommend that you re-visit this Policy from time to time to learn of any such changes to this Policy.